Pages

Thursday, August 7, 2008

NO IT'S NOT A SHORT SALE!


More and more I'm being asked by prospective buyers and by Realtors inquiring about a property whether or not it's a short sale. My typical response has been to ask "are you looking for a short sale?" More and more I'm hearing..... "No, we don't want to get involved with any short sale!"
It seems we may be getting to a point when the average agent and the average buyer are going to leave the pre-foreclosure hassles to the seasoned investor and get back to some more conventional ways of buying a home. Any buyer who has had any experience in this area may agree that it's not worth the time it takes to get an answer nor the aggravation of not getting any response at all.
As a Realtor, I would much rather pursue the more conventional methods of listing and selling homes as well. Are we getting to the point where something resembling normal begins to return to this industry? I think I may be better now (although less wealthy) for all of the memorable experiences I've had over the past few years and I may have even learned a few things worthwhile. Although much of what I've learned I'd rather not have to use anymore. I don't know about anyone else but for me It's refreshing to hear "hey...that's not a short sale, is it?" and it's energizing and encouraging to answer..........
"No .... It's not a Short Sale!"
In Fact It Feels Great!

No comments: